Miami Research Settlement
- Obtain more information in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Marengo v. Miami Research Associates LLC
- MRASettlement.com is administered by the Angeion Group
- The case is cited as case number 1:17-cv-20459-JLK and is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Class members in the case claim Miami Research Associates violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act when they sent bothersome text messages to volunteers between June 2016 and February 2018. The text messages were in regards to a flu studies being conducted by Miami Research Associates. Although the research was done in good faith in order to improve public health the researchers still need to obey federal laws (aka the TCPA).
MRA (aka Miami Research Associates) deny any actions of wrong doing and do not have to admit to any actions of wrong doing since they have agreed to pay 1.2 million dollars in the settlement.
- Experts close to the case predict class members who file valid claims will receive up to $130
- The Settlement Class List is a confidential list of 9,510 persons who according to MRA’s records received one of the text messages at issue
- Plaintiff Desiree Marengo originally filed the lawsuit back in February of 2018
- Class members will be represented by Manuel S. Hiraldo, Andrew J. Shamis, and Seth M. Lehrman
Any questions in regards to the lawsuit can be directed to Marengo v. MRA Claims Administrator, c/o Angeion Group, 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103 or dial toll free at 1-877-235-4599. Class members can also email [email protected]
All claim forms must be filed by 3/17/2018. Class members who are not happy with the 1.2 million dollar settlement can speak at the fairness hearing which will take place on 3/27/18 (please note MRA Settlement class members do NOT need to attend the hearing in order to receive a slice of the 1.2 million dollar settlement.